Direct Release: Early Access for world conquest game Legends of Callasia launches on Steam
Battle against friends and conquer lands in Boomzap’s new simultaneous turn-based strategy game with no hotseat waiting
February 11, 2016 – Fantasy world conquest game Legends of Callasia is available for Early Access on Steam! Inspired by classic games such as Civilization, Heroes of Might and Magic, and Risk, Southeast Asian developer Boomzap Entertainment has created a multiplayer strategy title that combines the depth of epic strategy games with simpler controls for shorter playtime sessions.
Legends of Callasia is a turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy world with board game-style maps and an innovative simultaneous multiplayer system that allows for thrilling games with up to 6 players that are playable in just a couple hours. Since December 2015, it has been in open beta testing and was quickly Greenlit on Steam earlier this year. Following an amazingly successful showing at the PAX South event in San Antonio, it is now available for Early Access.
The Early Access build is available now for free demo, allowing access to the first few missions of the single player campaign, as well as skirmish and multiplayer modes with the Hundred Kingdoms. A one time purchase gives access to the rest of the game, including immediate access to Faeborne and Revenant in Multiplayer and Skirmish. The main content to be added as the Early Access continues will be more missions in the campaigns, more maps, and more characters.
Choose from a wide range of heroes from three factions – The Hundred Kingdoms, The Faeborne, and The Revenant – and conquer lands through single player campaigns, or battle against friends through online multiplayer in board game-style maps. Use bonus cards against your enemies or boost your armies and rule the world!
- Classic fantasy world conquest strategy game with simple, intuitive controls
- Endless strategies through wide range of heroes, units, maps, and more
- Auto-resolve battle mode with two attack phases: missile and melee
- Single player campaigns: follow the war of the factions across the lands
- Turn-based multiplayer game with simultaneous plan and resolution cycle: ranked and casual play, friend finder, rankings, leaderboards, and no hotseat waiting
- Pay once and play: no ads, no pay to win
According to the developer, “Since our Open Beta, we have been gathering feedback from the community in order to improve the game. We’ll share regular updates about the development and welcome player suggestions for upcoming features. The Early Access build is essentially a free demo, and you can get full access to the rest of the game at a discount. The price will be $19.99 USD on official release.”
Some quotes players shared on social media at PAX South:
- “…easily the best hidden gem of PAX South 2016. So fun we couldn’t stay away!” –8bit_angela
- “Very fun and cool design, and cross-compatible to boot. Highly recommend.” –LiamWatson28
- “…SUPER FUN! …Deceivingly complex, but easy to pick up.” –The1Silent1One
Legends of Callasia is currently available for Windows PC, but is planned to be a cross-platform game with support for Mac OS X, Linux, iPad, and Android tablets. Download it now on Steam for free and unlock Early Access at a limited-time price of $15.99 USD. For more details about the game, visit their website and like their official Facebook page.